ITV correspondent John Ray has been arrested by officials in Beijing, Reporters Without Borders (RSF) reports.
Ray was covering a pro-Tibet protest near the main Olympic site and was arrested despite identifying himself as a journalist.
The YouTube video below shows Ray in a police van reasoning with police officers before being driven away.
The camera still rolling, Ray repeatedly shouts ‘I’m a journalist’. “This is press freedom,” he says.
- MEN journalists respond to news of arrested photographer
- Met police representatives and crime reporters before Leveson inquiry this week
- Press Gazette: Media favoured protestors in G20 coverage, says police chief
- South African journalist arrested and detained at ‘undisclosed location’
- Parliamentary committee calls for police training in role of protest journalists