“You need to have the fundamentals in place before you start playing with new technology. The skills are the same as for traditional media plus an awareness of what’s possible, and a willingess to play with the tools, a willingness to accept that journalism may move beyond what we currently know,” Stephen Quinn, academic and author of Knowledge Management in the Digital Newsroom, told Paul Bradshaw from the Online Journalism Blog in this interview.
Quinn discusses mobile journalism and how the mainstream media are getting involved:
- Science journalism needs fewer science writers and more editors, says Goldacre
- Editors Weblog: Interview with Nick Davies on the future of investigative journalism
- USTREAM.TV: Aron Pilhofer on the NYTimes’ databases and graphics
- #bbcsms: Use data to inform newsroom decisions, says panel
- Director of digital newspaper Factual.es resigns two months after first edition