Former New Statesman editor John Kampfner has been named as chief executive of the press freedom magazine Index on Censorship.
“As a leading journalist and broadcaster John brings the vision and leadership skills needed to place Index at the centre of the debate surrounding freedom of expression and champion this vital human right nationally and globally,” said Jonathan Dimbleby, chairman of Index on Censorship, in an announcement on the Index on Censorship’s website.
- Index on Censorship launches new website
- Nominations open for Index on Censorship Freedom of Expression Awards 2010
- Index on Censorship: ‘Girls Aloud obscenity case dropped’
- Two-year anniversary of massacre of 30 journalists in Philippines
- Awards round-up: Index on Censorship winners; Mind Journalism Awards; Paul Foot nominations call