Site OneNewsNow – part of the American Family News network – has a filter set up that automatically substitutes the word ‘gay’ in copy for ‘homosexual’.
When some Associated Press copy came in about US Olympic hopeful Tyson Gay it was all a bit much:
“Tyson Homosexual easily won his semifinal for the 100 meters at the U.S. Olympic track and field trials and seemed to save something for the final later Sunday. . . Asked how he felt, Homosexual said: ‘A little fatigued’.”
- IOC approves blogging athletes for Beijing – with strict rules
- Video by The Times outlines thinking behind Olympic wraps and community reaction
- Reverend Peter Mullen’s apology: ‘Homosexual men and women among my dearest friends’
- CIJ creates new online tools for investigative journalists
- Deep Throat round-up in video and audio (via HuffingtonPost.com)