Channel 4 is mulling over the a possible move into the gap in regional news broadcasting left by the retreat of ITV services.
The broadcaster is in discussion with Ofcom and ITV about investing funds in regional news services and infrastructure – a move which could strengthen its public service broadcasting hand.
- Round-up: Ofcom’s public service broadcasting review and ITV regional news cuts
- Press Gazette: MPs want ITV to spell it out over regional news
- Channel 4 (part 2): Duncan says channel is still key source of cutting-edge content
- Online Journalism Scandinavia: Should public broadcaster seek competitive advantage online by offering users content for free?
- Ofcom’s PSB review – a round-up