According to the Times, the BBC will present details today that will outline a plan to assist rival broadcasters develop TV programming, including news shows.
‘The BBC will propose sharing regional news resources, including non-exclusive footage, to help ITV with the costs of its regional bulletins, and it will tell commercial radio companies that it is willing to spend heavily to market digital radio and improve its network coverage from the existing 90 per cent,” says the Times article.
- MediaGuardian: Ofcom supports ITV plans for cutting back regional news coverage
- Media Release: BBC to partner with commercial radio for new projects
- BroadcastNow: Ofcom warns ITV could lose £64m a year on regional news
- UK ad spend dropped 4% in 2008, says AdAssoc
- Forbes.com: US advertisers will spend more on digital than print in 2010