Qik’s popularity with publishers seems to be growing – last month the Sacramento Bee used the service to create a broadcast channel for reporters to cover protests over the Olympic torch relay.
UPDATE - The Telegraph has posted its first ever breaking news coverage using Qik.
Live footage of a police evacuating residents was captured using mobiles and streamed to the site using the service.
- The Economist: Rows at Doha Centre for Media Freedom
- Journalist resigns from Egypt’s Nile TV over ‘propaganda’
- BBC: Whitney Houston funeral coverage ‘reflected the significant interest’ in her death
- #Tip: Remember these tips on live-tweeting
- Video from Beet.tv: How Reuters used social media in Iran to source video