Several user groups on Flickr have been set up against the introduction of video to the image-sharing website, which was announced earlier this week.
Users are concerned that there was no pilot stage for the service, which allows ‘Pro’ subscribers to submit 90-second video clips alongside images.
By Thursday the ‘We Say No to Videos on Flickr’ group had more than 22,000 members.
- Getty teams up with Yahoo to tap into Flickr users
- PA launches video wire service – added support for regional newspapers
- Flickr/Getty deal brings new revenue opportunity for photographers
- Glam Media launches video service
- Is Vine useful for journalists? A round-up of reactions to the launch Twitter’s micro-video app